Saturday, January 1, 2011

The year 2010

I have a lot more updates about my life, the kids etc on Facebook than here. More entries but not in details. So I thought a recap of my FB updates in the going-to-be-past year will be a great trip down memory lane.

Just a few of my favorites! :)

December:
1.No big feast today, just a simple homecooked meal enjoyed by the whole family. :)
(Braised taukwa with dried shrimp. prawns and spring onion; Stirfried beansprouts with capsicum and ginger shreds; Stir fired chicken with abalone mushroom, red onion and ginger)

2. It's still Christmas, isn't it? And oh, my kids are at the 'gotta wear identical clothings' phase.

3. OMG! Hubby walked in to find Mandy lying on top of Barry. She said they were making babies. The result of watching too much animal documentaries. Yes, ONLY documentaries. Must I start sex education, NOW?
4. Barry said he wanted to watch Cars. Then he said he wanted to watch Finding Nemo. I asked him to decide. He thought for a while and said "Um... Finding Cars."
November:
1. Barry took the toy hotdog bun, pressed it into my forehead a few times, grinned and said "Didi use hotdog bun kill mama!". Death by hotdog bun.
2. The two kids have finally realised there is power in numbers. At ages 4 and 2, they have started ganging up against me. Retribution, anyone
3. What the kids busied themselves with for 20 minutes 
Skyride. The pillow was the bar
Then it's Luge time. They made up the whole thing themselves and went on the rides again and again. Somebody's missing Sentosa!
 
 October:
1. Barry boy might be too big for his highchair. Halfway through gobbling down his lunch just now, he frowned and said "Didi's poor tummy stuck already!" Really cracked me up.
September:
1. When the kids demand so much from you that you can hardly breathe, take a deep breathe, let go of every other thing, then, give them all of you. They will feel the love. They will feel secure. Then, they will loosen their clutches. I am still learning.
2. My mum is quite impressed with what I dish out for lunch and dinner (almost) everyday. That makes me really happy. She is my cooking mentor after all!
3. (Kei) is glad to have fostered stronger friendships with the mummies and built new ones with the daddies! To more staycations/trips in the future!

4. Have been cooking for my mum since she moved in. I'm really enjoying this role reversal.
5. Mum moved in. And brought her Sudoku craze with her. Even Mandy is doing... the very very very simple ones.
August:
1. The kids are so wonderful these days that I'm actually glad they're missing school, so I can have their company the whole day. Such joy.
July:
1. 刚刚在电台听到 "路边摊", 想起了 '最熟悉的' 老地方. 好想念那段时光啊!
2. Nothing like Crowd Lu for some positivity in the morning!
3. Braising meat, eggs and mushrooms for a kong bak bao picnic at the beach tomorrow. Hope weather will be good!
June:
1. My naughty, clingy, pui pui little angel.
2. From Sembawang to Lower Seletar reservoir to Sembawang shopping centre, then back home again. Hubby estimated we cycled about 20km just now. My bones!
 Alritey. That's half of 2010 for you! Shall continue another day! :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Kei. I really enjoy reading your blog! And the status about the sex education bit really cracked me up! Have a great 2011 ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year Linette! I enjoy reading your blog too! Am very glad to have found your blog years ago. :) You have a great year too!

    ReplyDelete