Thursday, January 13, 2011

Our neighborhood beach

These are really backdated pictures. But I want to put them up because I was the photographer. Ha. Most of the time hubby takes the pictures, so when I saw this batch of photos, I felt they were quite refreshing. We have such distinctly different styles!

Took them with the small point and shoot camera, but the colours turned out ok! :)

My mum was staying with us at that time. It was a cool weekend morning and we decided to chill at Sembawang park. After playground time, we settled ourselves into a pavilion. My mum listened to music and read her scores. The kids ate snacks and ran up and down the slopes, their favorite! Hubby and I read papers.

After that, we brought the kids to the jetty. My mum stayed in the pavilion, I'm not sure if she fell asleep. It was so windy. It was a very good and relaxing morning.
The kids love to see people catch fishes and crabs. One day, we're going to bring them on a real fishing trip, as in using rods and big nets for the crabs. My mum is already planning. Hehe.

After that, we had a good lunch at the only eatery in the park.

I love spending family time like this, close to nature, without the hustle bustle of the city. Somehow, away from the noise and crowd, time seems so ample. No rush, no stress. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment