Thursday, January 27, 2011

交通工具 - 船

This is the final part of our CL homelearning on transportation. Previously, we had done this and this.

To get them interested, we started off with some fun that I knew they love. We had avocado milkshake for snack that day. As I was washing dishes, I saw the avocado skin and an idea struck me! We could use them as boats! Haha.
They were so thrilled! Mandy was beaming with joy and Barry was trying his best to sink the Lego boy, wreck his boat and make the water as dirty as possible. As usual. At least this time, he didn't pour water all over himself and the floor.

We did a collage craft.
Mandy was having a flu when she did this. She couldn't manage to finish the collage for the sea. No wonder too because she was taking such pains to find the perfect blue piece to fit in perfectly. She didn't want to see any white gaps and tried her best not to let the papers overlap. She was particular even about the shade of blue. I know because she was mumbling while sticking "Ok, there's dark blue here already. Here? Have. Stick here then."

OMG, looking at her do a collage can make me want to tear out my hair. But yet, I'm very proud of her. Such patience. A pity she couldn't finish it. I was on the verge of asking her to 'anyhow stick' so that she could finish it. But that would be wrong right?

She did the sea on the left side of the boat. As you can see from the right, I'm not as patient as her.
 
Barry? He did everything (with lots of help) BUT the sea. You would have notice that the sea collage is the bulk of the project. Hah.

They also did this:
Both coloured. On hindsight, marker pens are such a mistake! Should have stuck to colour pencils.

By sticking time, Barry had lost interest. Mandy said the name of each vehicle in chinese before sticking them in the right bubble. She insisted there was no place for the train because trains don't go on roads. So I drew tracks for her.

I also let them stick stickers of vehicles in their sticker books, but only after saying the name of it in chinese correctly. The boy gave up afte a couple of stickers. The girl, after many repetitions, now know the names of the vehicles pretty well! YAY!
She also learnt to recognise a few more chinese words:  车, 飞, 机, 船

My aim was for her to learn more words but I was pretty slack. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment