Thursday, December 30, 2010

Non-ginger bread man and cookies

Christmas, I woke up thinking, "How boring to eat bread and jam again for breakfast. It's Christmas, let's have a change!" But since it's already 8am and the kids (who woke long before me) were near to starving, I had to make do with something simpler.

This:
It's a gingerbread man without the ginger. (They tried the real thing and didn't like the taste of it) It's actually very lame. It's just bread and peanut butter, decorated with dried cranberries, rice crispy, cheerios and froot loops.

They had a bit of fun, nevertheless.
Yesterday, we made Apricot shortbread cookies.
The result wasn't very tasty. The kids still ate but the girl shunned it after a few pieces. Hey, she shuns most of the commercial cookies/biscuits too ok?

I'm a novice at baking so I cannot tell if the recipe is bad or if it's just me. Anyhow, I won't post the recipe here lah. :p

Gosh, I have so much to blog about before the year ends. Not going to make it in time. Still, Happy 2011 everyone! I had a most wonderful 2010! Hope you did too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment