Friday, February 11, 2011

The Hengs

We have a big family at the maternal side. My mum has 4 brothers and 5 sisters. Every lunar new year, most of the uncles/aunties will take turns to host gatherings at their places.

We don't attend all the gatherings, especially now that we have kids. The simple reason being that our bodies cannot take it! Haha. And we have no means of private transport. Waiting for a cab during this period can be quite frustrating.

After the waterfront outing, the whole family had a good rest, except me of course. I find it hard to nap long in the day. I'll think of all the stuff I have to do and jump out of bed, no matter how tired. :p

At least, the adults got to gamble a bit (and won) that night, and the kids had a blast playing with Felicia and Ivan who made them makeshift 'houses' out of mattresses. :)
 My nephews and nieces are all quite camera shy. Hehe.
And we won our taxi fare home.
While the kids cooked and ate in their new found home.
Once, Barry ran out, holding a plate of poker cards and told me that was his dinner. Haha. 

The next day, we went to Mrs Lee's place, which will be in another post. Sunday was my mum's turn to host lunch. By then, we were all half dead. Haha. Bo stamina.

We left the kids to my cousins while we ate and gambled. They had their naps 2hours late!
That's Barry's signature scowl this new year. Like his sister, he isn't the sociable type and will freeze up and frown whenever someone other than The Closest 5 (I'm going to use this term for the people my kids are comfortable with, ie jiejie/didi, papa, mama and the 2 grandmas. ha) comes near.

Warmed up after my mum played with them. After that, they were ok without any of The Closest 5 around.
They even had a makeover by Ivan. Pirates!

The kids had so much fun they looked a bit sad when my cousins had to leave. Now, they're saying they want to go my xiao gu's house to build houses again. And they finally know Felicia's and Ivan's names! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment